A line of fluorinated grip waxes optimized for the requirements of classic racing these days, which means usually either double poling of aggressively "running" uphill. Frequently used in World Cup races by many national teams. When you are looking for a race-day grip wax with best possible gliding properties, ProGrip is the correct choice!
Recommended to be used in especially in wet and moist conditions when fluor reduces icing and improves gliding properties.
Applying Rex Grip Waxes
Grip waxing (Kick waxing) from start to finish:
Base preparation then base wax, and finally the wax of the day
- Mount masking tape in the both ends of the grip zone
- Roughen the ski base with sand paper
- wipe off excess dirt
- crayon a layer of Rex Base Wax
- Heat the wax with a heat gun or waxing iron
- smooth with synthetic cork
- crayon a thin layer of chosen Rex grip wax, suitable for snow type and temperature
- smooth out with cork
- typically 2-4 coats are required, varies depending of ski stiffness vs. skier weight and personal preference
- after every application use a cork to smooth out the wax
- remove masking tapes and finish the kick wax